Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Thoughts On Starting A Blog

I used to have a blog. It was all about fashion, but I rarely could find the time to take outfit photos. It was a pretty active blog. I posted 3-5 times a week, but I was single and living in Washington, DC. Then I met my husband and I got busy and I shifted my free time from blogging to spending time with him. That's kind of an excuse though. Mostly, I'd just run out of things to say. Blogging wasn't as fun anymore.

I used to love fashion - I even got my degree in it! I still work in fashion now, but it's not as important to me as it used to be. That's partly because I work from home and so, if I'm being brutally honest, sometimes most of the time I wouldn't even put a bra on except that we have dogs that need to be walked and I don't like flopping around! But seriously, blogging about fashion just got to be exhausting and I felt fake. I felt like I had to throw on 17 bracelets, call it an arm party, hashtag my OOTD (outfit of the day) and always have my favorite sunnies and lippie (and I HATE those words) on point. There was a time when I was all about that...or at least, more about that. These days my fashion sense is a lot more simplified. I'm trying to scale down my closet a lot right now - both for the move and just because I want to. I've even been toying with the idea of some kind of year round capsule wardrobe*, but that's a whole other post.

Blogging is hard, but I've been saying for months that I wanted to start it up again. With the move to Germany on the distant horizon, I knew I'd have lots to talk about and share - especially travel posts once we get there! This blog will be sort of anything goes (at least for now). It's a place for me to share the things that I love and enjoy doing - cooking, sewing, music, reading, fashion, traveling. If I can help another person with some of my PCS prep posts then that's great too! So thanks for joining me!

*Side note: I pretty much love every single thing in her closet and if I could just buy it off her in my size my life would be a lot easier. That is my style in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment